Saturday, November 17, 2007

What EA answered?

Yesterday i forwarded some serious questions straight to EA´s support and today i got some kind of answer. Email included this link to their support area.

At least they tried to resolve the problem. Or that email was just automatically forwarded. The sad thing is that i can´t test those things the link suggested.

Why? > Im connected to University´s network which is actually pretty secured with the firewall / nat. And those are things i can´t configure by myself. But i can confirm if that is the problem, because tomorrow i will be connected to a different network.

But the facts are :

- I have played the multiplayer beta without any problems
- I assume the beta and retail works with the same ports?
- All other multiplayer games are working ok for example Battlefield 2
- Different ports though

But this might be the issue. I confirm that later.

2 comments:

Rory Jensen said...

Yup, pathetic and annoying. I even played the game before it gave me the error, so it isn't anything I did wrong :(.

maxtuska said...

It must be a some kind of authentication error @ the server side. Put ill confirm if that is the case after i am on other connection.